We Care Because You Care
Providing individual, couples and family counseling, with a comfortable and supportive atmosphere, I will help you achieve the personal growth you are striving for.
Treatment specialization includes:
- Adult Relationship Challenges
- Couples and Family Therapy
- Parent and Child Relationships
- Managing Life’s Transitions
- Conflict Resolution and Solutions
- Work and Career Changes
- Stress Management and Healthy Lifestyles
- Addiction & Recovery Support
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
Group psychotherapy and workshops are offered for individuals, couples and families.
In addition to traditional psychotherapy services, I offer group therapy for individuals with related issues, workshops for individuals and couples. Groups and workshops are offered on a time limited, issue specific basis.
Past topics include:
- Relationship Enhancement Workshop for Couples,
- Active Money Personalities Workshop,
- The Wealth Within: Managing Your Money Personality
- Youth Connection Group: for adolescents and young adults,
- Mothers with Bipolar Disorder therapy group.
Family Psychotherapy for individuals, couples, and extended families:
- Solution Focused Relationship Counseling
- Relationship Enhancement Counseling
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (www.EMDR.org) with individuals and couples.
- Anxiety and Trauma recovery
- Combining EMDR with Relationship Enhancement
Social Justice and Community Action
- Owner/Moderator NMHelpers@yahoogroup.com listserv for mental health professionals throughout NM since inception.
- President of the Southwest Behavioral Health Independent Practice Association (www.swbhip.com) 2017-2019
- Co-chair of Albuquerque Interfaith Mental Health Action Team 2017-2019.
- Active Member of First Unitarian in Albuquerque, NM since 1996.
- Our Whole Lives Sexuality Education teacher certified for Elementary, Middle and High School youth.
Mentoring and Supervision
- Professional supervision
- Team Supervision and Support
- Bi-Monthly group for case consultation and professional support.
- Monthly Mastering Your Money supervision group for professionals.
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Connecting you to resources locally and nationally, to help you start and improve your professional practice.
- N.M. Helpers online support group organizes and facilitates communication between mental health professionals in New Mexico.
- Continuing Education Units for mental health professionals.
- Keeping Couples Together: Combining Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and Relationship Enhancement Counseling.
- Electronic Resources for Mental Health Professionals.
- Relationship Enhancement workshops and supervision for professional relationships with Relationship Enhancement Institute of New Mexico
- Assist with preparation for the Hoffman Process and support using the Hoffman tools in daily life. Graduate Group Co-Leader
I felt completely safe, total trust and confidence. I could tell her anything and not feel judged. I felt that Lisa was there for me as a professional, but also as a sister or friend who truly cared about me. I believe she still cares about me!
I felt as if I was her most important client. She new my situation and stayed focused on what i wanted/needed. I beleive she has goine above and beyond what is normally expected of a therapist. I felt a heart connection, not just a “paid friend”.
I needed to explore how I lose myself when in an intimate relationship and how to change that behavior as well as honestly looking at my current relationship to decide if i am on the path that I truly want for myself.
Evenings and weekends by arrangement
$125 per session
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan.
Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
Do I have mental health benefits?
What is my deductible and has it been met?
How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
How much does my plan cover for an out-of- network provider?
What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
Is approval required from my primary care physician?
If you do not show up for your scheduled appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24
hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the treatment as booked.
To schedule an appointment or to obtain additional information about services, please fill
out the form below or give me a call.
Professional Mental Health Care
Making Relationships a Priority.